7 Places to Find New Clients
Finding your next lead doesn’t have to be hard. Whether you’re building a business from scratch or looking to re-energize your lead sources, finding new clients is easier than you think — if you know where to look.
The secret here is to implement a Work by Referral system. Instead of hunting for leads online, real estate agents who Work by Referral serve people they already know and enjoy. These agents provide high quality service, and in return, their favorite clients want to constantly refer them to their friends and family. It’s a win-win, especially when it comes to steady real estate lead generation.
And we’ll let you in on another secret here — you know more people than you think! When it comes to building or refreshing a database of your relationships, you want to start by thinking about all of the folks you interact with during a given year. Here are seven places to get you started:
- Family and Friends — For new agents, this is the easiest place to start! Parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles are all great people to market to. If you’ve been in the business a while, but you’ve been hesitant to include your family, it doesn’t hurt to ask when you need a new client!
- Professional Network — Any former colleagues, vendors you worked with or even local professors and mentors from college are great places to start, because they already know your professional competence.
- Fellow Business Owners — Business owners and vendors have their own networks of customers they can refer you to. Invest in relationships with fellow business owners and open the door to an exchange of referrals to help each other out.
- Services You Use — Your doctors, hairdressers, baristas and other people you come into contact with are perfect candidates to be added to your database.
- Social Media Followers — If you have a large real estate social media presence, start engaging with some of your top followers to take the relationship offline. Arrange a video chat or call to get to know them better, and see if they are in need of a great real estate agent!
- Community Groups — If you attend a church or other organization with small group settings, don’t be shy! Make sure these individuals know what you do and that you are happy to serve them. These folks make great additions to your database, since they already know your strong character!
- Kids’ School Activities— The fellow parents and teachers you meet with can become loyal clients down the line. Get involved with the kids’ school activities to build those relationships while also getting to spend more time with your little ones.
Now that you know where to look, you can start adding new clients to your database right away! For a little help on what to say to get them to opt in and what to send them once they’re on your mailing list, you’ll want a great real estate training program. Buffini & Company offers a variety of real estate training designed to help agents build a thriving database and create a business that lasts. Enroll in one of these programs today!