Real Estate Marketing Do’s and Don’ts
There are many approaches to real estate marketing, but only a few of these will actually set you apart from the crowd. Check out this list of real estate marketing do’s and don’ts and see if there’s anything you’d like to add or change within your current marketing plan.
- Write Notes. Handwritten personal notes are an unexpected extra that will make your clients day. Write to say thank you for referrals, follow up with new leads or just check in.
- Pick up the Phone. In this digital age, a voice-to-voice conversation stands out — call your clients to check in, share market updates and let them know you’re never too busy for their referrals. You could also send a video message!
- Client Appreciation Gifts. Also known as Pop-Bys. Leave a small gift at your client’s doorstep and attach a message that reminds them you’re always there to serve their real estate needs. This sets you apart from the crowd and keeps you top of mind.
- Send Monthly Mailers. Share valuable info on tax prep, real estate trends, home improvement hacks, personal growth strategies or other good-to-know topics. Follow up in two weeks with a digital eReport on a related subject.
- Personalize It. Be sure to incorporate first names even if it’s an email blast, text message or cover letter with your marketing flyer.
- Cold Call. These aren’t fun to make or receive. Swap cold calls for interactions with your sphere of influence — people you already know and enjoy.
- Buy Leads. These are costly and rarely convert. Instead, focus on providing value to relationships you already have in order to generate referrals.
- Prioritize Online Ads. While digital ads can be helpful for brand awareness, they shouldn’t be your entire strategy. Spending too much on these can result in little-to-no return on investment.
- Pay for Billboard Advertising. There is no reason you should have to pay for your face on a bus bench or grocery store divider when you Work by Referral.
- Lose Touch with Clients. Real estate shouldn’t be a “one and done” deal. Nurture the client relationship even after the sale to earn some of their referrals down the line.
For a real estate marketing kit that helps you run your business like a business, check out Buffini & Company Referral Maker® PRO. This monthly kit contains print value-add marketing flyers, beautiful blank note cards, digital eReports and more, plus access to Referral Maker® CRM to track it all. Give Referral Maker® PRO a try today by downloading your free real estate marketing materials.