Spring Clean Your Database This Summer
Although the COVID-19 pandemic made spring 2020 difficult for many families, businesses and individuals, we can use the summer to get our heads back in the game.
For real estate agents, that includes conducting a little “spring cleaning” for your database this summer! Dive into your real estate CRM — whether you’re in the home office or on the back patio — so you can sort and qualify your best people. This will set your real estate lead generation up strong for the rest of the year, so you can get the most bang for your buck when it comes to targeting your real estate marketing efforts.
Follow these steps to organize your database for success.
Get in Touch
No matter how big your database is, take time to go through and contact each person. Use check-in dialogues to see how they’ve been holding up, and whether you can do anything to serve their family at this time. Then ask if you are the agent they would refer friends and family to.
- Remember: Be mindful of your past client’s circumstances before you introduce business into the conversation, since these uncertain times have affected us all in different ways.
- Pro-Tip: If you see a name for someone you know you don’t want to talk to, delete them! If they were difficult to work with, you probably won’t enjoy working with their referrals either.
Sort and Qualify
After the call, take a few moments to sort and qualify the relationship you spoke with. Rank them in your real estate CRM based on how likely they are to refer you — try this system to start:
- Have sent and will send multiple referrals: A+.
- Most likely to refer you: A.
- Would refer you if shown how: B.
- Might refer you at some point: C.
- Online leads: O (to be moved to a C or D).
- D is for delete!
Target Your Marketing
Give most of your attention to your top clients — the A+ and A group, or the top 20% of your database. Buffini & Company Referral Maker® CRM has a feature to identify your best people so you know who to market to. Your marketing goal should be to provide value to these top clients:
- Send them real estate marketing materials by mail and email with information on a relevant topic.
- Write them personal notes to show gratitude and check in.
- Invite them to client appreciation events and parties (when it is safe to do so).
It may take some time, but spring cleaning your database this summer will get your business back on the right track. You’ll feel more organized and more efficient when you market to the people who are most likely to refer you. Need a great real estate CRM to get you started? Buffini & Company Referral Maker® CRM was designed to help agents run their business with ease. Sign up for your free trial today!