Build a Thriving Database
Whether they’re new to the business or seasoned professionals, one thing remains a struggle for many real estate agents—how to build a steady, thriving database. When you work by referral, your database is the bread and butter of your business. Your clients drive your success and their referrals help your business thrive. Here are some tips to help you build and maintain a thriving database.
- Who do you know? Your database should consist of everyone you know, especially if you’re just starting out or you’ve just started working by referral. This includes your family, friends and neighbors as well as you child’s soccer coach, your tax preparer and your favorite coffee barista. Be sure to use the Mayor Campaign, especially if you don’t know them well:
“Oh, by the way…if you were buying or selling a home or had a friend or family member who was, do you have a REALTOR® you’d refer them to?”
If they don’t, add them to your database and let them know you’ve added them to your Client Appreciation Program.
- Sort and qualify your database periodically. Organize your database by where they live, how you know them and the quality of the communication. This will help you prioritize your database so that you can spend more time with the clients who refer you the most.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Real estate may be about location, location, location; however, working by referral is all about communication, communication, communication. Once you have your database, or list of relationships, in order, it’s vital to communicate with them consistently. This includes calling them periodically, sending them marketing flyers each month, writing personal notes and delivering small gifts of appreciation to your best clients. When you consistently communicate with your clients, they learn they can rely on you and that builds trust.
- Add them to your Client Appreciation Program: Send them a marketing flyer and corresponding eReport each month so you stay top of mind.
- Follow up with a phone call or personal note. In each, remind them that you’re dedicated to helping them achieve their real estate goals and you’re never too busy for referrals.
- Show your appreciation. Thank them for their business and referrals with a small token of appreciation called a Pop-By. Deliver it to their home or office to show how much you appreciate them. Then, a couple times a year, host a client appreciation party to gather your best clients together and say “thanks!”
One of the best ways to manage your relationships is to track your activities with a CRM, such as Referral Maker® CRM. Not only will you always know what to do and who to contact, you’ll also have your entire database with you wherever you go with the Referral Maker CRM mobile app. Update client information, send your marketing and set goals all in one spot!
Have you signed up for the all-new Buffini and Company’s GameChangers™, the one-day workshop intended to give you an edge in your business? We’ll be traveling to locations across the United States and Canada. Click here to register and reserve your spot today.Joe