Need a Lead by Noon? Deliver a Pop-By!
We may be nearing the end of the year, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to put up your feet and coast into 2019. In fact, this is the best time of year to connect with your clients and ask for referrals. The connections you make now are the seeds that are sure to flourish and become business in the spring…or sooner!
One of the best ways to touch base with your clients is to surprise them with a Pop-By. A Pop-By is a small, thoughtful item you give to say thanks and remind your clients that you’re not too busy for their referrals.
Luckily, the spirit of the fall and holiday season makes this the perfect time to check in with our clients, which is also why the Blitz is in full force right now. Here are some tips for effective Pop-Bys.
- Remember to attach a Pop-By tag and business card. A clever Pop-By tag is sure to put a smile on your clients’ faces while a business card will let them know who the item is from. Go to Referral Maker CRM to download the tag that matches your gift.
- Call ahead to let them know you’re coming, especially if you’re delivering a perishable item. After all, it’s good manners to let your clients know you’ll be stopping by for a few minutes.
- Stay standing. Remember it’s a Pop-By, not a “sit down, have a cup of coffee and converse for an hour”-By. Stay standing up, even if they offer you a seat and a drink. Chat for a few moments to check in and then be on your way.
- Clients aren’t home? Take a photo of the item and text it to them to let them know to look for it when they get home. Of course, if you’re leaving a favorite beverage or baked goods, you may want to re-deliver at a time they’re home (also, see tip number two, above).
- Use Referral Maker CRM and the Referral Maker app to plan your route. Make your trip count for you. By planning your Pop-Bys ahead and focusing on a neighborhood or area at a time, you can make the most effective use of your time.
These tips work, regardless of the time of year. Get out of the office and into your car to deliver a small bit of happiness and appreciation to the best clients in your database. What better way to fill your pipeline with leads?Joe Niego